QUALITY ASSURANCE FUNCTIONAL SOFTWARE TESTER JOB DESCRIPTION
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Analyze complex requirements and use cases for the purpose of developing test plans and test scripts. Develop well-written test plans and test scripts. Execute test cases and write defect reports as appropriate into the defect-tracking tool. Execute regression test cases when development loads point releases into Test Environment. Support end users in validating the requirements of each release. Take direction for additional software testing responsibilities as required by company and/or client staff.
SCHEDULES & BENEFITS
The position is stable and full-time, and the work schedule is very conducive to a well-rounded life. It is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, no nights, weekends, remote support or holiday coverage. We also have flexible and compressed work scheduling options that further promote a true work-life balance. Starting benefits package includes three weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, Aetna health insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, subsidized gym membership, dental, vision, and a 401k program with company discretionary match.
The position we are hiring for is an individual contributor role. The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Blueprint. Our company and work site is located in downtown Phoenix.
Professional software testing certifications, additional paid time off, and other benefits become available as employees accrue service time with the company.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Bachelors Degree, 9 years of professional work experience in a professional business environment, including 6 years experience working in the software testing quality assurance field.
High School Diploma and 9+ years experience working in the software testing quality assurance field.
2. QA experience with web-based and mobile applications.
3. Specific experience working with or working knowledge of software test case execution, and defect report writing.
4. A working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
5. A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and verbally.
6. The successful candidate will also possess the following additional traits: Self-starter mindset; Ability to thrive in a teamwork environment; Desire and ability to effectively multi-task across projects and responsibilities; Desire and flexibility to learn new applications and project functionality as project schedules dictate.
For prompt consideration and to learn more about Blueprint Consulting and this opportunity, apply on this site under Employment/Apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.